Skip to main content

What I Wore | Feminine Pieces

Some days ago I watched a YouTube video that inspired me to push myself a bit more. I can't remember what the video was all about but I remember the vlogger saying that you should create more than you consume. That what we consume should serve to inspire us to create more. 
Ever since I watched that video, I have been asking myself why I don't create as much as I used to. I feel like I have let my creativity slide and half the time I feel disappointed in myself for slacking. Granted, life has been tough on me over the last couple of years and this has had a domino effect on different aspects of my life. I would love to get to a point where the happenings in life don't have such an effect on me but that is a work in progress. 
I've been trying to push my creativity through my choice of outfits. Most days I gravitate towards my comfortable jeggings and a t-shirt but on other days I actually make an effort to put together two pieces that I would not ordinarily wear together.

I love this dress. It's so feminine and makes me feel like a little girl again. However, it's hard to style. The spaghetti straps force me to reach for a strapless bra (not my favourite thing to wear) because I detest the look of multiple straps on one's shoulder. 
There's also the fact that if I want to wear this dress to a more serious event, like to church, I need to cover up a bit. So I always feel stumped, particularly in the warmer weather, when I have to wear a blazer and it's too hot. 
This time I got a brainwave and wore it with a lace top. I liked the overall look even though I would have loved a thicker belt. But hey, the outfit turned out alright and I was happy and comfortable with it.




Outfit Details: Dress, Top, Belt: Thrifted (Gikomba); Heels: Gift, Earrings: Old (India)

Thank you for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Style Challenge Day 12 - Belt Your Scarf

As I type this I can't help but marvel at the brightness outside. The sun is out! Nairobi has been cold, dreary and wet over the last two weeks or so. I was so caught off-guard by the sudden lower temperatures. I couldn't believe that I needed to bring out my coats, sweaters and scarves one more time before 2016 ends.  I tend to wear a lot of black, come rain or shine. But even amidst all that black, I like to add pops of colour and that's just what I did to this all black outfit when I added this colour-blocked silk scarf and green belt. I don't think I wear green enough. It's not a bad colour especially when given the chance to be the stand out piece. Belting my scarf like the challenge called for, demanded the use of a bigger scarf. I have seen bloggers use Maasai blankets as well for this and that is something that I would love to try as well. Would you belt your scarf instead of wrapping it around your neck? Do share in the comments below. Outfit De

CELEBRITY FASHION: ALL WHITE

 Hi all!! Lately, I've been seeing a lot of celebrities looking fashionable and chic in all white outfits. I developed a love for wearing this daring colour (or non-colour for some) and I just could not resist going online and looking at for my favourite celebrities and how they wore white from head to toe. In the photo above, Jennifer Hudson rocked a white dress, white heels and a classic red lip, a look that is very achievable on any budget. Other Ways to Wear all White J-Lo wore a peplum dress in all white, a look that I think is as dreamy as Angelina Jolie's a few months back.  Wearing an outfit in one colour can be daunting, but like Nicole Ritchie, keep it simple and you will do no wrong.  For those of you who may have a chance to experience the red carpet, an all white gown will be a nice contrast to the red, making you stand out, just as Taylor Swift did. It is also possible to rock an all white pant suit and look as fashionable as ev

WHAT I WORE: SHEER FLORALS

Hi all! I had a job interview today and there was no power at home following a huge storm yesterday, so I opted for this sheer floral dress.  This dress is one of my two go to outfits when I don't have time to iron or in today's case, when we don't have electricity in the morning. As I'm having a migraine, I'll just let the photos speak for themselves. I discovered that a red lip makes a huge difference to a simple outfit. Have you tried to wear a red lip? Outfit Details: Sheer dress: Gikomba Market, Nairobi Trench Coat: Wills Lifestyle, New Delhi, India Pumps, Handbag: Bus Station, Nairobi Scarf tied on handbag: Kawangware Market Earrings: Super Cosmetics, Nairobi Elephant Ring: Ngara, Nairobi Have a fantastic weekend!! xo Audrey For blog updates follow me on Facebook , Twitter , Bloglovin