Skip to main content

Style Challenge Day 4: Change Out Your Handbag

 For day four, I had to change out my handbag. Now I change out my bag almost every time I leave the house. I like to match my bag to my outfit and what I am doing that day. But there are those bags which don't get out to play as much as other bags, so for this challenge I opted for a bag that I hadn't carried in a while, my backpack.
Having picked out my bag already, I had to put my outfit together around the bag. I opted for a black wrap dress (last worn here) paired with a denim jacket and some metallic grey flats. I chose a brass and red necklace. I thought the red of the necklace picked out the patches of red on the bag quite well.
In terms of make-up, I wanted something neutral so I picked a brown lipstick. It was a nice change from my usual red lippies.

What do you think of this outfit? Do share in the comments below.

 Outfit Details:
Dress: my online shop
Denim jacket: Thrifted (Gikomba)
Shoes: Bus Station, Nairobi
Bag: Gift (but bought from Mr. Price)
Necklace: Instagram (@thrift_away_)
Earrings: Gift





Thank you for stopping by. xo

Popular posts from this blog

ABOUT

Hi, I'm Audrey. Welcome to Inches To Style☺ How it started I fell in love with fashion at an early age. In fact, I wanted to be a model and when I realised that I wouldn’t make the cut because of my height, I decided that I would become a fashion designer. I’d been making clothes for my dolls for years so I knew that was a career path I would love to pursue.  I didn’t study fashion nor did I become a fashion designer but my love for clothes and putting outfits together stuck with me.  On September 12, 2011 I wrote my first blog post, after I discovered the world of fashion blogs and got hooked. I thought to myself, “I can do this! I like writing and I like fashion, so why not?” And so Inches To Style was born. What to expect from the blog At first, I wanted this blog to be a source of inspiration for anyone looking to up their style game. As time progressed and my personal style and lifestyle has evolved, I found the name of my blog quite fitting as I’m moving inches (closer) to st

What I wore: Thigh-high boots over denim

By now you might have guessed that I gravitate towards comfort whenever I put an outfit together. Comfort for me in this instance is stretch jeans, or jeggings, a t-shirt, preferably cotton, and some cover up of some kind. Although I love heels, I wear more flats and sneakers. But when it comes to boots, with the exception of a choice few, I like them to have some sort of heel because I find that my legs look better in heeled boots. Today's outfit is another of my comfortable, stay/work from home, cold-weather outfits . These are my favourite black jeans but I think I've worn them so much that they've started to lose their blackness. In this particular outfit, I loved how it allowed the colours in my sweater to pop. I styled this outfit around these grey boots, which I last styled with a maxi dress . I couldn't help but notice how they picked up the grey colour in my sweater.  Thank you for stopping by. Follow my blog with Bloglovin ,  Facebook ,  Instagram  and sign up

HOW TO: Buy The Right Shoe

Hi everyone!! Can you believe how fast the days are going? Two more days to the end of the month! Time is moving too fast! I must confess that I have been a culprit of wearing ill-fitting shoes and suffering horrendous consequences later on, corns, blisters, strained ankle muscles. You name it. At one time or the other I suffered from one of them. And after spending so much time walking the streets of Nairobi and either admiring people's shoes or staring in horror, I had to do a post on how to buy the right shoes. 1.TRY! TRY! TRY! It doesn't cost a penny to try on shoes. Put on a pair of socks or have them handy to protect your feet from other people's germs. This is the easiest thing to do to ensure that you buy the right fitting shoe. New shoes will pinch you because they have not yet adapted to the unique shape of your foot. And if it pinches too much, chances are you may never break into them and they will continue to pinch you no matter how long you wear t