Skip to main content

Decor: Throw Rugs

 I like looking for ways to make home decor more interesting, and out of the box, and throw rugs are just that, an extra that you can use to further express your personal style.
Throw rugs or blankets add patterns, colour and of course a feeling of warmth particularly now that Nairobi is very cold so you can use the throw rugs to keep warm during the day without needing to get into your bed. And the beauty about throw rugs is that they aren't too complicated to find. You can make do with a big, warm shawl or maasai blankets and if you want to feel luxurious, you can add a faux fur throw to your bed or couch.

How to use throw rugs
  • Use them to protect your seats, especially if  you have light coloured seats and children
  • Place a colourful throw on the backs of your seat to add colour to neutral furniture or an upholstered headboard
  • Drape a throw across the end of your bed making the bedroom look more personal
  • For a warm, cozy, relaxed feel, drape a throw rug on your couch. Don't worry too much about it falling perfectly
Tip: To create contrast, add a printed throw to a plain couch or over plain bedding and a plain coloured throw over printed bedding or couch.

Photo Credits: 1








Thank you for stopping by. xo


Popular posts from this blog

CELEBRITY FASHION: ALL WHITE

 Hi all!! Lately, I've been seeing a lot of celebrities looking fashionable and chic in all white outfits. I developed a love for wearing this daring colour (or non-colour for some) and I just could not resist going online and looking at for my favourite celebrities and how they wore white from head to toe. In the photo above, Jennifer Hudson rocked a white dress, white heels and a classic red lip, a look that is very achievable on any budget. Other Ways to Wear all White J-Lo wore a peplum dress in all white, a look that I think is as dreamy as Angelina Jolie's a few months back.  Wearing an outfit in one colour can be daunting, but like Nicole Ritchie, keep it simple and you will do no wrong.  For those of you who may have a chance to experience the red carpet, an all white gown will be a nice contrast to the red, making you stand out, just as Taylor Swift did. It is also possible to rock an all white pant suit and look as fashionable as ev

Mid-week Reflections | February Edition

While this month seems to have crawled by, I still can't believe that March is right around the corner. I usually divide my year into sections depending on what I am looking forward to. In the past, Easter and my sister's birthday as well as the man and my anniversary have always pushed me through the first two months of the year. This time is quite different. Next month my baby, Elly, celebrates her first birthday and to say that I am very excited is an understatement. I have planned and planned all the little things that I wish to do that month not only to mark Elly's birthday but also as a way to say thank you to all those who have supported us throughout this year. I will be sharing more of this as the days approach. And speaking of plans, I had mentioned earlier this month that I have been working on a project that I can't wait to unveil. To put all speculation at bay, I will be showcasing one of the most exciting projects I have undertaken yet, later

Miss Elly...1st Outfit Post

Once Elly became old enough to wear a variety of clothes that did not include rompers, I got so excited to finally be able to style this little girl. In fact, two weeks ago I went shopping for her and I had to stop myself from buying everything I lay my eyes on. She hasn't mastered walking yet although she likes to show off that she can stand without support (she expects you to cheer her on) so I still have to factor in crawling when I am shopping for and dressing her. This dress and tights is a typical Sunday outfit. Elly's grandma is so kind as to send me loads of clothes for baby girl and the packages usually contain tights and dresses and this dress was one such gift. I paired it with some stockings and a long-sleeved top to combat the cold. A sweater did make an appearance but baby girl, being her fussy little self, had it removed. She is photographed here playing with her uncle. She can hardly stand still long enough to be photographed so this was a luc