Skip to main content

Mid-week Reflections | February Edition

While this month seems to have crawled by, I still can't believe that March is right around the corner. I usually divide my year into sections depending on what I am looking forward to. In the past, Easter and my sister's birthday as well as the man and my anniversary have always pushed me through the first two months of the year. This time is quite different. Next month my baby, Elly, celebrates her first birthday and to say that I am very excited is an understatement. I have planned and planned all the little things that I wish to do that month not only to mark Elly's birthday but also as a way to say thank you to all those who have supported us throughout this year. I will be sharing more of this as the days approach.
And speaking of plans, I had mentioned earlier this month that I have been working on a project that I can't wait to unveil. To put all speculation at bay, I will be showcasing one of the most exciting projects I have undertaken yet, later this week.



While I have been struggling with the "What career path should I follow?" question for a couple of months now, speaking to my boyfriend about my plans, wishes and aspirations has helped me put a lot into perspective. To give you a little background information, when I was at a crossroads about what name I should give to my blog, he helped me brainstorm and I think he was the one who came up with the name Inches 2 Style, i2s in short. At that time, this was all a hobby for me, a means to pass the time as I waited to return home after finishing my degree. Three years later, I started to figure out what I wanted this space to be and while I knew he would support my decisions, I feared opening up to him about what I wanted. I was afraid he would tell me to be realistic and get a real job. I was afraid of my dreams being crashed. Instead, what I got when he asked me to tell him what I wanted was unbelievable support. He even helped guide me on steps I should take towards making my dreams a reality. I am hopeless at business topics etc, so it is nice to have someone I can trust guiding me.
After our conversation, I started to realize that sometimes the help or push we need to begin on that long unfamiliar road towards making our dreams a reality is just besides us. God puts people to help us out near us even though we do not see them. You might go around looking for a stranger to understand you but your best bet might be that one person who knows and loves you, faults and all. Fear is an irrational feeling that can keep you from opening up to someone even though they long for you to rely on them just a little bit more. I now know another meaning of trust.

Thank you for your support this month. I look forward to more exciting things come March.

Popular posts from this blog

CELEBRITY FASHION: ALL WHITE

 Hi all!! Lately, I've been seeing a lot of celebrities looking fashionable and chic in all white outfits. I developed a love for wearing this daring colour (or non-colour for some) and I just could not resist going online and looking at for my favourite celebrities and how they wore white from head to toe. In the photo above, Jennifer Hudson rocked a white dress, white heels and a classic red lip, a look that is very achievable on any budget. Other Ways to Wear all White J-Lo wore a peplum dress in all white, a look that I think is as dreamy as Angelina Jolie's a few months back.  Wearing an outfit in one colour can be daunting, but like Nicole Ritchie, keep it simple and you will do no wrong.  For those of you who may have a chance to experience the red carpet, an all white gown will be a nice contrast to the red, making you stand out, just as Taylor Swift did. It is also possible to rock an all white pant suit and look as fashionable as ev

Miss Elly...1st Outfit Post

Once Elly became old enough to wear a variety of clothes that did not include rompers, I got so excited to finally be able to style this little girl. In fact, two weeks ago I went shopping for her and I had to stop myself from buying everything I lay my eyes on. She hasn't mastered walking yet although she likes to show off that she can stand without support (she expects you to cheer her on) so I still have to factor in crawling when I am shopping for and dressing her. This dress and tights is a typical Sunday outfit. Elly's grandma is so kind as to send me loads of clothes for baby girl and the packages usually contain tights and dresses and this dress was one such gift. I paired it with some stockings and a long-sleeved top to combat the cold. A sweater did make an appearance but baby girl, being her fussy little self, had it removed. She is photographed here playing with her uncle. She can hardly stand still long enough to be photographed so this was a luc

FOR THE LOVE OF DENIM

Happy new month everyone!!! I hope you're feeling ready to tackle this month of August. Have you ever missed an item in your wardrobe so much that you found a way to include it in your wardrobe during the week? I had missed wearing jeans during the week so much that I went to the extent of altering my timetable so that I can wear these. Jeans are a huge part of my personal style preferences, especially straight-leg ones. So I dressed down with a slightly oversize sweater and colourful scarf as I was running some errands. I added yellow earrings and hair flower clip (which I forgot to photograph), carried my brown bag and wore my blue canvas shoes.   Outfit Details: Denim: Sarojini Market, India Sweater: borrowed from my sister Scarf: borrowed from mum Earrings: gift Handbag: Sarojini Market, India Shoes: Bata, India (out of stock, similar in any Bata) When wearing oversize clothes like a sweater or baggy pants,