Skip to main content

Decor: 15 Statement Wall Ideas



Growing up walls were one colour throughout the house, a shade of white. If you were lucky then maybe you'd get one bedroom with blue walls and the other with pink walls. But now, it's absolutely possible to have not just one but a statement wall in every room of your house.

What is a statement wall?
A statement wall is a bold, striking feature on your wall that stands out in your home or office. It starts a conversation. A statement wall can be full of colour or print depending on your preference.

Useful tips for creating statement walls
  • You can create a statement wall by simply painting one wall a contrasting colour from the rest of the walls in any particular room for example red, black, dark blue. yellow, etc.
  • Either paint on or use wall paper to get the desired look.
  • Statement walls can be used to add colour to an otherwise plain room, especially if your furnishings are plain.
  • Prints are also a fun way to make a statement. Choose between stripes, floral prints, abstract art or geometric shapes.
  • Smaller, more subtle prints are great for bedrooms as they are more relaxing for instance, stars for a bedroom wall, especially for children.
  • Framed photographs, quotes and other wall hangings can be put up on one wall to make a statement.
Photo Credits: Pinterest
















Popular posts from this blog

What I wore: Black maxi dress with grey thigh-high boots

This black maxi dress has got be one of my favourite pieces in my wardrobe (I think I say that about all my clothes, lol!). But honestly, of all the maxi dresses I own, I think I wear this one the most. It's plain, neutral colour and long sleeves make it very easy to style whether its blistering hot or freezing cold outside.  I first bought and wore a black maxi dress when I was pregnant with baby girl some six years ago. That's when I fell in love with them and finally appreciated their versatility. I styled it as a maternity and post-maternity dress and enjoyed every minute of it. When I shed the baby weight, I realised that dress was too stretched for me to continue wearing, so I bought a new one.  This one was a little different. It was shorter and had a side slit. I still loved it and wore it often. I styled it here with a pendant necklace and gladiator sandals . When I outgrew that, or it became small, again, I snagged myself this baby here, my latest black maxi dress.

What I Wore | Feminine Pieces

Some days ago I watched a YouTube video that inspired me to push myself a bit more. I can't remember what the video was all about but I remember the vlogger saying that you should create more than you consume. That what we consume should serve to inspire us to create more.  Ever since I watched that video, I have been asking myself why I don't create as much as I used to. I feel like I have let my creativity slide and half the time I feel disappointed in myself for slacking. Granted, life has been tough on me over the last couple of years and this has had a domino effect on different aspects of my life.  I would love to get to a point where the happenings in life don't have such an effect on me but that is a work in progress.  I've been trying to push my creativity through my choice of outfits. Most days I gravitate towards my comfortable jeggings and a t-shirt but on other days I actually make an effort to put together two pieces that I would not ordinarily wear to

Hello 2021 + What I wore for Christmas

Happy New Year! Every year, for quite a few years now, I have vowed to be better here, more consistent like I was when I started this blog. But the struggle has been real, you guys! I've lacked motivation, felt completely uninspired and simply didn't feel like giving this space any energy.  But, as this year rolled in, I felt a jolt of inspiration. Ideas started flooding my mind and I finally got a clear picture of what I could do with this space. It feels good, I tell you! I'd missed my blog. Christmas was a simple, homey affair, just what I wanted and needed. Granted, I worked harder than I have in a looong time during that short holiday period but it left me feeling content. I got to spend copious amount of time with baby girl, something that I had been craving for months.  My Christmas outfit wasn't pre-planned. I simply picked a dress that I hadn't put on in a while, and one that still fit me well.  This pink maxi is one of my special dresses. I save it for ver