Skip to main content

MONDAY STYLIST: 3 WAYS TO WEAR BLACK TROUSERS


Hi!!! I hope you had a fabulous weekend. I spent mine catching up with my chores and my reading which has been piling. I also managed to do diys which I hope to complete in the course of the week. I didn’t quite manage to do everything I had hoped but at least I accomplished something.
Black trousers are a wardrobe must-have in any girls’ wardrobe. They can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. In today’s Monday Stylist, I want to give you three simple ways to dress up your black trousers for 3 different occasions.

1. Working Girl
For this look I chose a sheer top with Peter-Pan collar, a cobalt blue tuxedo jacket and black heels and handbag. Depending on your office dress-code, you can pull out some bright colours to cheer you up (and your colleagues as well). Pairing red and blue is a good way to do this. Add stud-earrings for a simple yet chic office look.




2. Night Out

When on a night out, you can opt to pull out all the stops. I went for a peplum top which has sequins. Wear peep- toe booties in a neon colour, a clutch bag and statement jewellery.



3. Weekend out
For a day spent with the girls or running errands, I went with a loose-fitting knit sweater-top, floral ballet flats and a  cross-body bag.





Opt for trousers made from blends with cotton so that they don't crease easily. As much as I love cotton, sometimes the fabric creases so much and if it's black collects so much lint. 
Black trousers are very versatile. Which other ways would you style them?? I hope this post was helpful!!!

Happy Monday!!!!

xo

Audrey

You can also find me on:
 Twitter  

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT I WORE: SHEER FLORALS

Hi all! I had a job interview today and there was no power at home following a huge storm yesterday, so I opted for this sheer floral dress.  This dress is one of my two go to outfits when I don't have time to iron or in today's case, when we don't have electricity in the morning. As I'm having a migraine, I'll just let the photos speak for themselves. I discovered that a red lip makes a huge difference to a simple outfit. Have you tried to wear a red lip? Outfit Details: Sheer dress: Gikomba Market, Nairobi Trench Coat: Wills Lifestyle, New Delhi, India Pumps, Handbag: Bus Station, Nairobi Scarf tied on handbag: Kawangware Market Earrings: Super Cosmetics, Nairobi Elephant Ring: Ngara, Nairobi Have a fantastic weekend!! xo Audrey For blog updates follow me on Facebook , Twitter , Bloglovin

25 Weekend Outfit Ideas For Plus Size Girls

When you hit a style rut and find yourself repeating the same outfits from one weekend to the next, it's time to look for some outfit new outfit ideas. This doesn't mean you necessarily need to shop for an entirely new wardrobe. You might just need to jumpstart your creativity so you can get more ideas on how to mix and match clothes that you already have in your wardrobe. From denim to leather, t-shirt dresses worn with canvas shoes, high-waistlines paired with crop tops, duster coats worn over jeans or shorts, it will take you a long time before you repeat your outfits. Below are 25 weekend outfit ideas.   Photo Credits: 1 Thank you for stopping by. xo Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Hire Me | Shop