Skip to main content

What I Wore: Denim and Boots

Baby, it's cold out. I opened the door today and couldn't believe how cold it was. Makes today's outfit post all the more appropriate☺
Denim has to be my favourite go-to piece when it's cold whether it's the old school type or jeggings. They keep you warm and can be paired with anything and everything. And now that working from home has become the thing, and I don't own sweatpants, denim is number one on my what to wear list.
I paired these high-waisted jeans with a grey long-sleeved top and navy trench coat. If I was to wear this outfit out, I would have paired them with these black boots. I felt that they helped complete the whole winter vibe.




Outfit details:
Jeans, top, coat: Thrifted (Gikomba)
Boots: Online (Lanem Shoe Closet/Facebook)

Thank you for stopping by.

Follow me on: FacebookInstagram and Sign up to Email Notifications here.

Popular posts from this blog

NEWLY STYLED YELLOW MAXI DRESS

Hi all!! Maxi dresses are a huge favourite of mine. I recently got a new one and I just had to try and style it differently.  It's as simple as tying a knot and pinning it in place. I used a safety pin which I had to struggle to hide from public view. One of the things I love about blogging is that I get so many ideas from all the wonderful bloggers out there. For instance, I learnt this from   Megan and Sabrina , two very stylish and inspirational bloggers. Outfit Details: Maxi dress: gift. Similar in Ngara, I prefer cotton to synthetics which cling to you Denim jacket: gift Wedges: Moi Avenue Handbag: gift Loop earrings: India I got this maxi dress as a gift from my aunt and although I wasn't too sure about whether or not I liked it, after wearing it for a few minutes I was in love. Where do you get your style inspiration? Happy Tuesday!!! xo Audrey You can also find me on: Facebook     Twitter     Pinterest    

What I Wore On My Birthday

 30. I had been looking forward to this birthday for months and just as the day drew nearer, I got a bit anxious. I thought, I'm turning 30, is my life all figured out? What about all those mistakes I made in my 20s, how will they influence my 30s? What will this new decade have in store for me? In spite of the uncertainty that comes with starting something new, I was certain of one thing. I had grown up. I have become more confident. I know what I like and what I don't like, and, I'm not afraid of saying it.  It feels great to see how much progress I have made over the last 10 years. When I turned 20 I was so uncertain of so many things. But now, even when I might not be so sure about what the future holds, I know that I'll be okay. I will get through it. Dress: Thrifted; Necklace: Dubois; Boots: Thrifted Thank you for stopping by.

What I Wore: Zipper Front Pencil Skirt + Animal Print Vest

 I was once told that wearing black and brown was a fashion faux pas. Whoever came up with that rule had clearly not seen how good animal prints, specifically leopard prints, look. I have always wanted to add a few animal print pieces in my closet. Over the last couple of months, I have managed to get two animal print tops. This vest is one of them. I am hoping to get a pair of animal print flats then I think momma will be set. I like to pair statement pieces or prints with black so that they can stand out and that was no different here. I wore my treasured leopard print vest with a black pencil skirt with an exposed zip. I love exposed zips! They add so much detail to clothes, making simple pieces unique. For accessories, I opted for gold loop earrings, a gold ring, a black beaded necklace and tan Mary-Janes. Outfit Details: Top: Thrifted (Gikomba Market); Skirt: Botique i2s ; Shoes: Bus Station, Nairobi; Earrings: Dubois Street, Nairobi; Necklace and Ring: gift