Skip to main content

What I wore: Drop-waist LBD

Hi, come closer, let me whisper something. Wearing this dress had me feeling myself! I felt like a Queen. Like I could conquer the world. I felt an inner strength that I hadn't felt in a long time.

You know how they say your appearance plays a big role in how you feel about yourself? I'm here to tell you that this is so true. I'm not saying that we should all abandon hard work and using our brains and only concentrate on our looks but if you want a simple fix on a day when you feel, to put it simply, meh, dress up.

I had been thinking about a drop waist dress with a flouncy hemline ever since I watched Lydia Millen's edit with Karen Millen. I can't explain why. I don't even think there was a dress or skirt like this in the collection but I just thought the idea of this silhouette would be ultra chic.

My options for styling centered around boldness. This red sweater, though worn to stave off the morning chill, provided me with a loudness you'll hardly get from me on a normal day. The floral wedges, worn for the photos since I am still working from home, added more colour and interest to the outfit. The earrings too made a statement of their own.

Although I often choose more muted silhouettes and colours, lately I've found a need for louder colours and styles, which I find boost my confidence and make me stand taller, prouder and stronger.




P.S. I didn't buy this number. I scavenged it from a pile of clothes my sister had made while she was decluttering her closet :)

Thank you for stopping by.



Popular posts from this blog

Style Challenge Day 4: Change Out Your Handbag

 For day four, I had to change out my handbag. Now I change out my bag almost every time I leave the house. I like to match my bag to my outfit and what I am doing that day. But there are those bags which don't get out to play as much as other bags, so for this challenge I opted for a bag that I hadn't carried in a while, my backpack. Having picked out my bag already, I had to put my outfit together around the bag. I opted for a black wrap dress ( last worn here ) paired with a denim jacket and some metallic grey flats. I chose a brass and red necklace. I thought the red of the necklace picked out the patches of red on the bag quite well. In terms of make-up, I wanted something neutral so I picked a brown lipstick. It was a nice change from my usual red lippies. What do you think of this outfit? Do share in the comments below.   Outfit Details: Dress: my online shop Denim jacket: Thrifted (Gikomba) Shoes: Bus Station, Nairobi Bag: Gift (but bought from Mr

ABOUT

Hi, I'm Audrey. Welcome to Inches To Style☺ How it started I fell in love with fashion at an early age. In fact, I wanted to be a model and when I realised that I wouldn’t make the cut because of my height, I decided that I would become a fashion designer. I’d been making clothes for my dolls for years so I knew that was a career path I would love to pursue.  I didn’t study fashion nor did I become a fashion designer but my love for clothes and putting outfits together stuck with me.  On September 12, 2011 I wrote my first blog post, after I discovered the world of fashion blogs and got hooked. I thought to myself, “I can do this! I like writing and I like fashion, so why not?” And so Inches To Style was born. What to expect from the blog At first, I wanted this blog to be a source of inspiration for anyone looking to up their style game. As time progressed and my personal style and lifestyle has evolved, I found the name of my blog quite fitting as I’m moving inches (closer) to st

GOOD GROOMING: Nails 101

Continuing with last month's theme, I've decided to do a feature this month on good grooming. This will be posted every Thursday throughout the month of October. I believe good grooming is an essential part of being elegant and stylish. You can't possibly wear good clothes and not be well groomed and expect to be admired. This is the second post in the Good Grooming series. Last week I posted about the importance of taking care of your hair . Nails form an integral part of a person's outfit. A man and woman should have well-groomed nails. They speak volumes on the kind of person you are. I have formed a habit of looking at people's nails when they are sitting next to me in the bus. When I see a man or woman who is impeccably dressed and their nails are well manicured, I can't help but admire them and give them marks for being so well turned out. Many people don't realize it but your nails do get noticed especially when writing or typing. I don'