Skip to main content

MISS ELLY...Celebrates Her 6 Month Birthday


Guess what? My little angel turns 6 months today!!! We're having a mini birthday party for her. And because many, many of you have asked for pics of my baby girl, today's post is all about her.

Elly was born in March, on the night of the 11th and these 6 months couldn't have gone by faster. It's amazing to see her grow up right before our eyes. From one week to the next, we notice such a change in the things she can manage to do.When I consider those first few days with her and what life currently is like with Elly around, there is a huge difference. Even just her sleeping has improved! 6 months is a big deal for me and I can't wait to see her become more and more herself.




Milestones
Apart from those that I mentioned in last month's Midweek Reflections, these are some of the milestones Elly has achieved.
  • She now knows what she likes and will show you very clearly that she isn't interested in something if she dislikes it. 
  • She recognizes people in the house, has her favourites although, as long as she gets the amount of attention that she wants, she doesn't mind who is carrying her.
  • Colour! Babies love colour! Even just what you're wearing can make her more or less interested in you. And shiny things!
  • She started sitting without support and can now be left to entertain herself for short periods of time.
  • She has her favourite toy and even recognizes what is hers. 
  • She is one happy baby. She laughs quite easily and instantly brightens the mood wherever she is. And is very naughty. She has the cheekiest smile when she does something naughty. One of her favorite games is to get hold of books or newspapers and tear the pages.
  • She puts EVERYTHING in her mouth so I have to be extra vigilant to keep small objects away from her and ensure that her toys are always clean to prevent stomach bugs.
  • When you read to her she calms down enough to listen to your voice and admire the colours in the book. She also likes it when we sing to her.
  • She's an outdoorsy girl. Even just sitting outside, basking in the sun for 10 minutes makes her more relaxed. Her favourite moments are her Sunday outings which started right when she was born.
  • Today I start weaning her. I'll give you a breakdown of what I am feeding her as we go along. 

    On behalf of Elly's dad and myself, I would like to say a big thank you to all of you for all your support as we go through this new adventure in our lives.

    God bless you all!

    Happy Thursday!

    xo

    Audrey



    Popular posts from this blog

    CELEBRITY FASHION: ALL WHITE

     Hi all!! Lately, I've been seeing a lot of celebrities looking fashionable and chic in all white outfits. I developed a love for wearing this daring colour (or non-colour for some) and I just could not resist going online and looking at for my favourite celebrities and how they wore white from head to toe. In the photo above, Jennifer Hudson rocked a white dress, white heels and a classic red lip, a look that is very achievable on any budget. Other Ways to Wear all White J-Lo wore a peplum dress in all white, a look that I think is as dreamy as Angelina Jolie's a few months back.  Wearing an outfit in one colour can be daunting, but like Nicole Ritchie, keep it simple and you will do no wrong.  For those of you who may have a chance to experience the red carpet, an all white gown will be a nice contrast to the red, making you stand out, just as Taylor Swift did. It is also possible to rock an all white pant suit and look as fashionable as ev

    Mid-week Reflections | February Edition

    While this month seems to have crawled by, I still can't believe that March is right around the corner. I usually divide my year into sections depending on what I am looking forward to. In the past, Easter and my sister's birthday as well as the man and my anniversary have always pushed me through the first two months of the year. This time is quite different. Next month my baby, Elly, celebrates her first birthday and to say that I am very excited is an understatement. I have planned and planned all the little things that I wish to do that month not only to mark Elly's birthday but also as a way to say thank you to all those who have supported us throughout this year. I will be sharing more of this as the days approach. And speaking of plans, I had mentioned earlier this month that I have been working on a project that I can't wait to unveil. To put all speculation at bay, I will be showcasing one of the most exciting projects I have undertaken yet, later

    Miss Elly...1st Outfit Post

    Once Elly became old enough to wear a variety of clothes that did not include rompers, I got so excited to finally be able to style this little girl. In fact, two weeks ago I went shopping for her and I had to stop myself from buying everything I lay my eyes on. She hasn't mastered walking yet although she likes to show off that she can stand without support (she expects you to cheer her on) so I still have to factor in crawling when I am shopping for and dressing her. This dress and tights is a typical Sunday outfit. Elly's grandma is so kind as to send me loads of clothes for baby girl and the packages usually contain tights and dresses and this dress was one such gift. I paired it with some stockings and a long-sleeved top to combat the cold. A sweater did make an appearance but baby girl, being her fussy little self, had it removed. She is photographed here playing with her uncle. She can hardly stand still long enough to be photographed so this was a luc