Skip to main content

9th blogging anniversary

It's been nine years since I wrote my first blog post and in that time, I have evolved even as my blog struggled to catch up and reflect that change. I've gone through many life changes: motherhood, journey to finding myself and dealing with my mental health. Despite all that, I have been unable to let go of my piece of internet real estate.

Nine years! Come to think of it, this is the longest relationship I've had, hahaha! It sounds funny just thinking about it. So, just as I did for my eighth blogging anniversary, I'll give you a little life update. 

What's been happening...

As I celebrate nine years since I took that bold step to put myself out there and my pursue passion for writing and sharing this with you, I can't help but wonder if I will ever get my old mojo back. I know that I can't force myself to put out content that doesn't resonate with where I am now and the things that I'm enjoying even though they might not always be fashion-related. I also know that instead of looking for that old mojo, I should look for a new motivation and that's what I'm working on. 

With the pandemic, subsequent lockdown and life slowing down to just the essentials, I've been spending A LOT of time at home working, and reflecting. I've had to accept some hard truths and come to the realisation that life is too short to keep postponing things that I want to do because "it's not the right time".

Baby girl turned six and a half yesterday :) and I'm one proud mama! 

Fashionwise, I fell out of love with my wardrobe and my body, to be honest. Up until January 2020, I had curated a wardrobe that I loved. I was excited to put outfits together, even though I had embraced a simpler, more comfortable style - jeans, t-shirts and dresses that I could wear with both heels (and flats) and sneakers. 

Then I lost A LOT of weight. Let's chalk it down to stress, shall we? I became so small I was almost the same size I had been before baby girl was born. This meant that my clothes didn't fit me as well as they used to and I hated it. Getting dressed became a chore. I didn't want to change my entire wardrobe and even if I wanted to, with the way things were, I couldn't get myself to go to the market. So I decided to suck it up and get my body back. I'm not where I was earlier this year but I'm getting there and my clothes fit so much better now. 

And now that my passion became job, I've had to find new passions and rediscover old ones. I've taken to reading more novels, a practice I find not only helps improve my writing but also provides an escape. I'm also trying my hand at DIY particularly clothes and interiors. 

The blog going forward...

Given that I'm now learning to love fashion once again and I'm picking up new hobbies (because that's what happens when your hobby becomes your job, you need to find new ones) I want to pick up the old blog and put up one post per week. I'd like to do more but let's take it slow until I get the hang of it. Apart from my random musings, I'd appreciate it if you gave me suggestions of blog posts you'd like me to put up :)

Before this becomes a dissertation, haha, I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to those of you who have been here even with my very, very haphazard blogging. It bugs me that I haven't been consistent here but I've gotten a much-sought after push to come back, again. 

Happy anniversary to us!


Follow my blog with BloglovinFacebookInstagram and Sign up to Email Notifications here.

Popular posts from this blog

NEWLY STYLED YELLOW MAXI DRESS

Hi all!! Maxi dresses are a huge favourite of mine. I recently got a new one and I just had to try and style it differently.  It's as simple as tying a knot and pinning it in place. I used a safety pin which I had to struggle to hide from public view. One of the things I love about blogging is that I get so many ideas from all the wonderful bloggers out there. For instance, I learnt this from   Megan and Sabrina , two very stylish and inspirational bloggers. Outfit Details: Maxi dress: gift. Similar in Ngara, I prefer cotton to synthetics which cling to you Denim jacket: gift Wedges: Moi Avenue Handbag: gift Loop earrings: India I got this maxi dress as a gift from my aunt and although I wasn't too sure about whether or not I liked it, after wearing it for a few minutes I was in love. Where do you get your style inspiration? Happy Tuesday!!! xo Audrey You can also find me on: Facebook     Twitter     Pinterest    

What I Wore On My Birthday

 30. I had been looking forward to this birthday for months and just as the day drew nearer, I got a bit anxious. I thought, I'm turning 30, is my life all figured out? What about all those mistakes I made in my 20s, how will they influence my 30s? What will this new decade have in store for me? In spite of the uncertainty that comes with starting something new, I was certain of one thing. I had grown up. I have become more confident. I know what I like and what I don't like, and, I'm not afraid of saying it.  It feels great to see how much progress I have made over the last 10 years. When I turned 20 I was so uncertain of so many things. But now, even when I might not be so sure about what the future holds, I know that I'll be okay. I will get through it. Dress: Thrifted; Necklace: Dubois; Boots: Thrifted Thank you for stopping by.

What I Wore: Zipper Front Pencil Skirt + Animal Print Vest

 I was once told that wearing black and brown was a fashion faux pas. Whoever came up with that rule had clearly not seen how good animal prints, specifically leopard prints, look. I have always wanted to add a few animal print pieces in my closet. Over the last couple of months, I have managed to get two animal print tops. This vest is one of them. I am hoping to get a pair of animal print flats then I think momma will be set. I like to pair statement pieces or prints with black so that they can stand out and that was no different here. I wore my treasured leopard print vest with a black pencil skirt with an exposed zip. I love exposed zips! They add so much detail to clothes, making simple pieces unique. For accessories, I opted for gold loop earrings, a gold ring, a black beaded necklace and tan Mary-Janes. Outfit Details: Top: Thrifted (Gikomba Market); Skirt: Botique i2s ; Shoes: Bus Station, Nairobi; Earrings: Dubois Street, Nairobi; Necklace and Ring: gift