Skip to main content

What I Wore: Nairobi Cold


I wore this outfit for the Hustlers premiere a couple of months ago. Has any of you watched Hustlers? Epic movie! A great watch for any #girlboss.
Moving along, when it's dull and rainy like it has been the last couple of days, I automatically think of putting on boots. I've always loved boots and this year I've managed to add to my collection (seperate post coming up soon).
These tan boots are higher than I'd wear on a day to day basis but I love the pop of colour they add to my otherwise darker outfits. I paired them with a navy bodycon dress and light blazer for the night. It was warmer when I wore this  outfit, otherwise I'd put on a warmer coat.
The clutch bag acted as my hold-all and I added a swipe of red lipstick and statement earrings to finish off the outfit.

Outfit details 
Dress, coat and bag: Thrifted (Gikomba)
Boots: Gift
Earrings: Kilimall


Would you wear tan boots or do you prefer darker colours? Do let me know in the comments below.

Thank you for stopping by,











Follow me on: FacebookInstagram and Sign up to Email Notifications here.

Popular posts from this blog

Style Challenge Day 4: Change Out Your Handbag

 For day four, I had to change out my handbag. Now I change out my bag almost every time I leave the house. I like to match my bag to my outfit and what I am doing that day. But there are those bags which don't get out to play as much as other bags, so for this challenge I opted for a bag that I hadn't carried in a while, my backpack. Having picked out my bag already, I had to put my outfit together around the bag. I opted for a black wrap dress ( last worn here ) paired with a denim jacket and some metallic grey flats. I chose a brass and red necklace. I thought the red of the necklace picked out the patches of red on the bag quite well. In terms of make-up, I wanted something neutral so I picked a brown lipstick. It was a nice change from my usual red lippies. What do you think of this outfit? Do share in the comments below.   Outfit Details: Dress: my online shop Denim jacket: Thrifted (Gikomba) Shoes: Bus Station, Nairobi Bag: Gift (but bought from Mr

ABOUT

Hi, I'm Audrey. Welcome to Inches To Style☺ How it started I fell in love with fashion at an early age. In fact, I wanted to be a model and when I realised that I wouldn’t make the cut because of my height, I decided that I would become a fashion designer. I’d been making clothes for my dolls for years so I knew that was a career path I would love to pursue.  I didn’t study fashion nor did I become a fashion designer but my love for clothes and putting outfits together stuck with me.  On September 12, 2011 I wrote my first blog post, after I discovered the world of fashion blogs and got hooked. I thought to myself, “I can do this! I like writing and I like fashion, so why not?” And so Inches To Style was born. What to expect from the blog At first, I wanted this blog to be a source of inspiration for anyone looking to up their style game. As time progressed and my personal style and lifestyle has evolved, I found the name of my blog quite fitting as I’m moving inches (closer) to st

GOOD GROOMING: Nails 101

Continuing with last month's theme, I've decided to do a feature this month on good grooming. This will be posted every Thursday throughout the month of October. I believe good grooming is an essential part of being elegant and stylish. You can't possibly wear good clothes and not be well groomed and expect to be admired. This is the second post in the Good Grooming series. Last week I posted about the importance of taking care of your hair . Nails form an integral part of a person's outfit. A man and woman should have well-groomed nails. They speak volumes on the kind of person you are. I have formed a habit of looking at people's nails when they are sitting next to me in the bus. When I see a man or woman who is impeccably dressed and their nails are well manicured, I can't help but admire them and give them marks for being so well turned out. Many people don't realize it but your nails do get noticed especially when writing or typing. I don'